Price Includes USA Shipping!
Council Tool - 16" Velvicut® 2# Saddle Axe - Premium Bushcraft Camp Axe with Double Bit Mask
Axes are MADE IN USA by Council Tool in North Carolina. Council Tools has been making trusted tools since 1886!
The New Saddle Axe from Council Tool Co.Axe is a traditional Velvicut® Premium US Made Axe pattern.Drop forged from 5160 steel, known for its superior characteristics and blade retention. This axe is a beautiful axe, however it was designed and manufactured for work. It has been heat treated, tempered and crafted with a distinctive flat grind on each blade for maximum versatility.
This specific design is a multifunctional and packable axe pattern that received its name from being traditionally carried in a saddle bag while on horseback. The innovative yet traditional American Pattern sports phantom bevels that greatly reduce surface friction and bite deeper than many convex bladed axes and the bevels also serve for easy removal of the axe bit after a deep cut into the wood.
The highly versatile Saddle Axe design has the extremely sharp 25 degree flat grind on the left blade for cutting, shaving, and carving and a more robust 32 degree flat grind on the right blade for notching, splitting and heavier jobs. All combine to make a very well designed, versatile and useful axe.
All Velvicut Saddle Axes come with a fine leather double bit blade cover.
The New Velvicut Premium Saddle Axe is a 2LB Double Bit Axe on a Select 16” Hickory Handle. Pack Less with More Possibilities.
- Head will last a lifetime, we guarantee it.
- Forged from 5160 grade alloy steel. “Council” is displayed on one side of the head, and the other is proudly marked “USA“.
- Handle is made of grade “A” American hickory and its traditional pattern embodies the heirloom quality of axes from times gone by.
- Forged axe head is hung in a traditional manner using a softwood wedge along with a round steel wedge for added security.
- Axe head is coated with light oil to prevent rusting and to showcase the exceptional Council Tool craftsmanship. A Linseed oil coating is applied to protect the handle.
- Premium leather mask protects the tool and user and features a buckle for fastening the two sides together and an embossed logo. Like its companion axe, the sheath is MADE IN USA.
Head Weight: 2 lbs
Total Weight: Approximately 2.5 lbs
Overall Length: Approximately 15.25" when finished
Head Steel: Drop Forged 5160 Alloy Steel
Handle Material: Grade A American Hickory w/ Linseed Oil Coating
Handle Wedge: Traditional Softwood Wedge, & Round Steel Wedge
Sheath: Premium Leather
Made in the USA!
See All Council Tool Premium Axes