Council Tool - 19″ Wood-Craft Pack Axe
19″ Wood-Craft Pack Axe
Made in North Carolina, USA
Council Tools has been making trusted tools since 1886!
The Council Tool Co.’s WOOD-CRAFT Pack Axe design is intended to produce a multi-functional premium axe which can successfully cut, chop, split, carve, shave, hew, hammer, aid in fire starting, and other key WOOD-CRAFT and outdoor activities. At 2.0 pounds, the Wood-Craft “Pack Axe” is made using 5160 steel, heat treated on both ends for superior strength, and this model has a 19” Premium Curved Hickory Handle (handle length is before hanging and assembly) and includes a high quality welted leather Mask to protect your Pack Axe from the elements and you from your extremely sharp Pack Axe.
Head Weight: 2LB HEAD
Overall Length: Approximately 19" when finished
Head Steel: 5160 Steel
Grind: FLAT GRIND 25 DEGREES
Handle Material: 19” Curved Premium Hickory w/ Linseed Oil Coating
Handle Wedge: Traditional Softwood Wedge, & Round Steel Wedge
Mask: Welted Leather
Made In USA
- A sharp axe is a safe axe as it is less likely to glance out of the cut. Be assured that this axe has been sharpened by our skilled craftsmen and is ready to use.
- All components are MADE IN USA.
- Head will last a lifetime, we guarantee it.
- Forged from 5160 grade alloy steel.
- Bit is heat treated and quenched approximately 1″ inch from the cutting edge, then tempered for maximum edge holding and toughness. Final hardness Rc 52-56.
- Handle is made of Premium American hickory.
- Forged axe head is hung in a traditional manner using a softwood wedge along with a steel wedge for added security.
- Axe head is coated with light oil to prevent rusting and to showcase the exceptional Council Tool craftsmanship. A Linseed oil coating is applied to protect the handle.
- Leather mask protects the tool and user with the Council Tool embossed logo. Like its companion axe, the sheath is MADE IN USA.
Shipping Times: Axes are in stock unless noted above. Axes ship next business day, M-F. Carrier times should be added to that figure to estimate total delivery time. If there's an exception, we will contact you directly.
Leather Mask & Handle Color: Wood grain and color vary as a natural material. With leather, due to the way leather absorbs dye, each mask's color will vary.
Photos: Photos are copyrighted and should NOT be used without our expressed written permission. Other items pictured are sold separately...but you knew that already because you're awesome!
See All Council Tool Premium Axes