Council Tool - 19″ Wood-Craft Pack Axe
19″ Wood-Craft Pack Axe
Made in North Carolina, USA
Council Tools has been making trusted tools since 1886!
The Council Tool Co.’s WOOD-CRAFT Pack Axe design is intended to produce a multi-functional premium axe which can successfully cut, chop, split, carve, shave, hew, hammer, aid in fire starting, and other key WOOD-CRAFT and outdoor activities. At 2.0 pounds, the Wood-Craft “Pack Axe” is made using 5160 steel, heat treated on both ends for superior strength, and this model has a 19” Premium Curved Hickory Handle (handle length is before hanging and assembly) and includes a high quality welted leather Mask to protect your Pack Axe from the elements and you from your extremely sharp Pack Axe.
Head Weight: 2LB HEAD
Overall Length: Approximately 19" when finished
Head Steel: 5160 Steel
Grind: FLAT GRIND 25 DEGREES
Handle Material: 19” Curved Premium Hickory w/ Linseed Oil Coating
Handle Wedge: Traditional Softwood Wedge, & Round Steel Wedge
Mask: Welted Leather
Made In USA
- A sharp axe is a safe axe as it is less likely to glance out of the cut. Be assured that this axe has been sharpened by our skilled craftsmen and is ready to use.
- All components are MADE IN USA.
- Head will last a lifetime, we guarantee it.
- Forged from 5160 grade alloy steel.
- Bit is heat treated and quenched approximately 1″ inch from the cutting edge, then tempered for maximum edge holding and toughness. Final hardness Rc 52-56.
- Handle is made of Premium American hickory.
- Forged axe head is hung in a traditional manner using a softwood wedge along with a steel wedge for added security.
- Axe head is coated with light oil to prevent rusting and to showcase the exceptional Council Tool craftsmanship. A Linseed oil coating is applied to protect the handle.
- Leather mask protects the tool and user with the Council Tool embossed logo. Like its companion axe, the sheath is MADE IN USA.
Shipping Times: Axes are in stock unless noted above. Axes ship next business day, M-F. Carrier times should be added to that figure to estimate total delivery time. If there's an exception, we will contact you directly.
Leather Mask & Handle Color: Wood grain and color vary as a natural material. With leather, due to the way leather absorbs dye, each mask's color will vary.
Photos: Photos are copyrighted and should NOT be used without our expressed written permission. Other items pictured are sold separately...but you knew that already because you're awesome!